Rotary Club of Kent Town
The Rotary Club of Kent Town Grow Fund aims to provide support for 16-25-year-olds in the community in a vocational, scholastic, artistic or athletic pursuit.
Applicants may apply for finance to contribute towards the completion of the applicant’s initiative. The key selection criterion is that successful applications will make a significant positive result to the community as a result of the funding.
Types of projects that may be funded include (but are not limited to):-
- Funding to enable an applicant to complete or undertake a project that would otherwise be out of reach due to unavailability of funds;
- Specific projects such as travel grants, grants to attend a conference, seminar, etc for personal development, or the like;
Areas of the interest for applicants may include science, arts, environment, sport, humanity, charity, business, and professional development.
Selection Criteria and Application Process
Funding will be considered following the submission of an application form. Applications are to be submitted in writing to the Rotary Club of Kent Town. Applications must demonstrate at least the following selection criteria:-
- Age range met (16-25 years old).
- Potential personal benefit.
- Potential community benefit.
Applications should preferably include supporting evidence, such as project documentation, written quotes or invoices and fundraising efforts (if applicable).
Following the assessment of written submissions and supporting documents, applicants will be interviewed by a panel of 2-3 members. The interview panel will discuss the project with the applicant and assess the suitability of the project for a funding grant.
Interviewing members should consider:-
- The extent of any benefit for the applicant and community;
- The total cost of the project;
- How much money the club can contribute to the program;
- Future development for the applicant
- Other fundraising they are doing
The interview panel will present their recommendations to the Rotary Club of Kent Town, including their recommendation on whether the funding should be approved.
Successful applicants must reconcile all grant funding with the Rotary Club of Kent Town, to ensure monies are applied in accordance with the application. As a condition of funding, all applicants must give a presentation to the Rotary Club of Kent Town about the project, its progress, and outcomes.
Anticipated Launch Date: 1st July 2019